Monday, March 21, 2011

Easy-Peasy Pizza Dough

My mom turned me on to my new favorite book recently: Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.  Expect to see my next several posts come from there.  The idea is to make one big batch of dough, then store it in the fridge.  You can tear off what you need within the next week or two and soon you will have something yummy baking in the oven.  There are instructions for pretty much any type of bread or pastry you can imagine using one of their basic recipes.  They also have ideas for playing with the ratios so you can add whole wheat flour or other grains to the mostly all-purpose flour recipes and end up with something a little healthier.

I decided to use the olive oil dough recipe for pizza.  It was easier than any I've ever made, and the texture and taste were wonderful.  Out of the one batch, I was able to make three pizzas plus I have about half left in the fridge.  I plan to make stromboli one evening this week for dinner.  For my pizza I used olive oil, spinach, mushrooms, red pepper, and mozzarella.  Yummy!  I was immediately hooked on this concept and ordered my own copy from Amazon.  I'm not going to type the recipe here because I think you should reserve this book from the library and discover the concept of five minutes a day bread baking for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment